Those who enroll will receive a link to participate via webinar platform.
We are finalizing the details and will do a test Zoom meeting the week prior and send you the link to the webinar shortly after.
Perplexing Problems in Psychological Practice:
Decision Science, Ethics & Risk Management
(6 Ethics Continuing Education Credits AND 15% off your Trust Sponsored Professional Liability Policy premium (for 2 consecutive years at policy renewal)).
WEBINAR Workshop Description
For over two decades, The Trust has worked to educate and support psychologists in improving their risk management skills and strategies by providing live workshops, webinars, risk management consultation and expanding resources. The 10th workshop in our Sequence series will continue to emphasize more applied, integrated and strategic methods to help you protect yourself from adverse disciplinary and legal actions, and stay grounded in ethical principles and practices.The Trust Risk Management Consultants have culled subject matter from some 80,000 consultations provided to date to focus this workshop on problems practitioners often encounter. Topics will include how decision science can inform clinical and ethical decision-making; inter-jurisdictional practice challenges and navigating the PSYPACT era; complexities in structuring and conducting supervision; managing technology and privacy concerns in practice; and handling subpoenas and depositions. The workshop is designed for an intermediate level.
* This course will not fulfill requirements of all jurisdictions. It is important that potential participants review their respective state licensing board requirements prior to registering for this workshop.
We are happy to be partnering with Missouri Psychological Association and offering their members our discounted rate. If you are not a member of MOPA, you can click here and join today to receive the member discounted rate.
• Describe basic principles of risk management, as applied to several specific clinical situations that frequently arise in professional practice.
• Identify core heuristics and biasing processes that can interfere with appropriate risk management and ethical decision-making.
• List three strategies to ameliorate decision-making challenges.
• Describe preliminary considerations prior to engaging in inter-jurisdictional practice.
• Evaluate potential issues and preventive responses to supervisory risks.
• Identify three methods for reducing privacy risks when using technology in clinical practice and responding appropriately to breaches if they occur.
• Name three strategies for handling subpoenas and deposition demands.
Continuing Education Credits
Sequence X: Perplexing Problems in Psychological Practice: Decision Science, Ethics & Risk Management is sponsored by The Trust. The Trust is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Trust maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Those who attend the workshop and complete the Trust evaluation form will receive six continuing education credits. Please note that APA CE rules require that we only give credit to those who attend the entire workshop. Those arriving more than 15 minutes after the scheduled start time or leaving before the workshop is completed will not receive CE credits and will not be eligible for the 15% premium discount.
Eligibility for Insurance Premium Discounts
Workshop completion earns 6 CE credits and eligibility to receive a 15% premium discount on your Trust Sponsored Professional Liability Insurance for your next 2 consecutive policy periods. To obtain CE discounts, submit CE certification from an organization approved by APA to offer CE credit (must have been completed within the previous 15 months) with the insurance application. Discounts cannot be combined and are not applicable to Researcher/Academician or Student policies. Group policies become eligible for the CE discount when at least 50% of those insured under the group policy submit CE certification. All applications are individually underwritten and submission of CE certification will not guarantee insurance policy issuance or renewal.