Legal and Ethical Risks and Risk Management in Professional Psychological Practice
June 30, 2017
Nicholson Conference Center
940 NE 13th Street, Nicholson Tower, Suite 5900
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Sequence VII: Working with Couples and Families, Risk Management with Suicidal Patient and Legal and Ethical Issues presented by retirement.
EARN 6 CE credits
TRUST Speaker: Amanda D. Zelechoski is a licensed clinical and forensic psychologist and attorney. Dr. Zelechoski is a licensed clinical and forensic psychologist and attorney.
Discuss about The Trust Risk Management Philosophy, including strategies for identifying high risk situations and managing professional practice risks.
• Identify strategies for managing potential conflicts in conjoint treatment with couples and families.
• Identify risk management strategies in working with children with particular emphasis on the risks associated with divorced or divorcing families.
• Identify essential risk management strategies for assessing and managing outpatient suicide risk.
• Identify “post-vention” strategies for managing risk after a patient suicide.
• Identify “self care” strategies for psychologists who have suffered the loss of a patient to suicide.
• Describe the different professional retirement pathways.
• Identify the advantages and disadvantages of various strategies in planning for your own personal and professional retirement.
• Describe how to effectively and ethically close a professional practice.
TO REGISTER: CLICK HERE
NOTE: Eligibility for Insurance Premium Discounts Workshop completion earns 6 CE credits and eligibility to receive a 15% premium discount on your Trust Sponsored Professional Liability Insurance for your next 2 consecutive policy periods. To obtain CE discounts, submit CE certification from an organization approved by APA to offer CE credit (must have been completed within the previous 15 months) with the insurance application. Discounts cannot be combined and are not applicable to Researcher/Academician or Student policies. Group policies become eligible for the CE discount when at least 50% of those insured under the group policy submit CE certification. All applications are individually underwritten and submission of CE certification will not guarantee insurance policy issuance or renewal.
SAVE THE DATE
November 2-3, 2017
OPA Annual Meeting - Shawnee, OK
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Oklahoma Psychological Association’s mission is to promote human welfare
in Oklahoma by advancing psychology as a science and profession.
Endorsed by the Oklahoma Psychological Association